SharePoint is a collaboration tool that helps to manage a large amount of data in its libraries, sites, lists, etc. Sharepoint migration tools are available for cloud subscriptions and also for on-prem deployment solutions. However, in the latest version, there are some new and exciting features that enable more effective content management. These days, more and more enterprises are migrating to SharePoint from traditional platforms like file servers. The trend will enhance in the coming years.
Many SharePoint users and businesses prefer automatic migration through SharePoint migration tools to ensure secure and quicker migrations. Organizations also stick to the migrations tools when they want to switch from on-premises to Cloud-based SharePoint.
There are different SharePoint migration tools available in the market. Finding an appropriate solution for your business can be a tricky task. To help you find a suitable one below, we’re discussing benefits of SharePoint migration tools.
Types of Microsoft SharePoint Migration Tools
The ShareGate migration tool has the capability to perform both types of migrations on-premises and online. It migrates each and everything, including documents, files, libraries, subsites, lists, etc. There is no limit regarding data size for migration, making it a perfect option for large data migrations.
The technical team of the software is quite efficient and offers online sessions for the users too. ShareGate Desktop generates post-migration reports for migration process analysis. And it also supports the migration of Nintex workflows.
- Built-in custom reports.
- Simple user-interface.
- Migration from Office 365 and file share.
- Pre as well as post-migration validation.
- Offers unlimited data migration along with metadata, permissions, and properties intact.
- Migration between tenants.
- As there is no incremental data migration, so the tool offers limited flexibility.
- There are limitations in scheduling migrations.
Dockit Migrator by VYAPIN
The smart and promising features of Dockit Migrator by VYAPIN make it an amazing SharePoint migration tool. It is advanced software that migrates content, sites, lists, and more. SharePoint Online, file shares, and OneDrive for business, the tool provides support for all versions. Moreover, it provides the facility to restructure metadata, workflow migration, migration status reports, replacement of illegal characters, incremental migration, planning of migration, and batch migration.
- Dockit Migrator offers a number of beneficial advantages like workflow migration, NTFS permissions migration, and pre-migration checklist.
- You also get metadata editing, batch, and incremental migration.
- Requires to support more sources.
Kernel Migrator is an advanced migration tool facilitating SharePoint, Google Drive, Office 365, and OneDrive migration from a single console. It can perform SharePoint to SharePoint, file system to SharePoint, and public folder to SharePoint migration tools.
It provides CSV-based bulk migration, custom filters, , and pre-migration analysis. It has the capability to support all the SharePoint on-premises versions, which include SharePoint Online (365) and 2019. Other valuable features of the software are migration of complete SharePoint data such as libraries, documents, lists, etc., and incorporating an interactive interface.
- Offers the convenience of bulk migration with advanced filter options providing selective data migration and CSV files.
- It provides better migration planning with pre-migration analysis.
- Support for different sources, which includes all versions of SharePoint, file servers, OneDrive, SharePoint Online, and Google Drive.
- Facilitates complete migration such as libraries, lists, etc., along with metadata.
- The demo version just migrates 5 items from libraries, folders, or lists.
Fly Migration from AvePoint
Fly Migration is a cloud and SharePoint migration tools by AvePoint that not only performs SharePoint vs OneDrive but many others as well. The software pre-scans the information, then starts migration with advanced filter options. Along with mapping facility and scheduling, the tool also monitors the migration project.
The Fly Migration provides a drag and drop facility, migrates permissions with metadata, and also supports bulk migration with CSV formatting. For updates, it shows the migration status live.
- It ensures complete and secure migration.
- With built-in reports, it performs scheduled migration, monitors performance, and tracks progress.
- Enables pre-scanning of the data.
- A good interactive interface is required for the tool.
- It doesn’t support the older version of SharePoint and Foundation.
Quest solution is particularly designed for SharePoint migration. It supports instant content migration to both SharePoint Online and SharePoint on-premises environments. Moreover, it has a pre-migration assessment feature. The feature helps to decide which plan can work better for migration by identifying any flaw that can occur in the process beforehand. The solution also provides post-migration synchronization.
- It has a simple interface and offers instant results as SharePoint migration tools.
- The solution offers a pre-migration analysis of the source environment.
- It requires a simpler user interface.
- There are limitations on data migration linked to its license.
The SharePoint migration tools offer seamless migration to the platform. However, to make the most of these tools, you need to consult a tech-savvy vendor such as Xavor Corporation. Xavor provides you with the right team of migration professionals bringing in expertise and experience. We can help you master these tools as well as we offer SharePoint migration services to enterprises.