Since GTA 5 Mods release in 2013 a plethora of hundreds of mods have been made to support the game. The community of modders is among the most enthusiastic gamers and this is true for the latest Rockstar Games creation. But, considering that GTA V is the studio’s most successful game to date, it’s easy to understand that GTA V would have the greatest mod support.
The main issue that many gamers face when it comes to mods is understanding how to download and install them to ensure they function in game. This can be difficult for those who may not be the best at technology.
Additionally, there’s the problem of figuring out what changes to put in place in 2022 almost 9 years since the game first launched.
Below, players can find exactly how to download the mods within GTA 5 Mods and which ones they should be considering installing first.
Downloading GTA 5 Mods:
Before players know the mods to install, they must be aware of how to download the mods. It’s important to know that players are only able to use mods when playing in single-player mode, since Rockstar Games had forbidden the use of mods in GTA Online.
If players attempt to join GTA Online with mods enabled it could result in being banned. There are a variety of steps involved in downloading GTA 5 Mods. The first part of the procedure is described below.
- Go to OpenIV.com and press the Download Now green button on the homepage.
- Download the application from your browser, and then follow the steps to install the application provides.
- After the installation is completed, open OpenIV and then select Windows in the Grand Theft Auto V box
- Enter the file path for the game directory of GTA 5 Mods (should look like C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\)
- Press Continue and then click the Tools box at the taskbar at the top of OpenIV
- Choose ASI Manager, and then install ASI Loader as well as OpenIV.ASI. Choose Yes when asked.
What this process gives players is an opportunity for downloading and managing their GTA 5 Mods. The players can launch the OpenIV application anytime to monitor how their mods are doing and uninstall them, or alter their settings.
The next step of the process is to find physical mods that can be downloaded.
- Check out: GTA 5 mods – Best Modding
- Select a mod you want to download. You can pick a particular type of mod on the site
- After a mod has been chosen Click on the box, and then click the green button for downloading.
- Certain mods will download a .rar extension file into your internet browser. Other mods will direct you to the Github page that will show the latest version of the mod to download the file.
- If mods download as .rar file, you’ll require another program for opening it like 7-Zip File Manager. It can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store
- When your .rar open file has been opened you’ll likely get a ReadMe document that you can open in Notepad. It will provide you with instructions on how you can download the mod
- If a mod is listed on the Github page you can download the most recent version. The mod will be downloaded as a zipped archive, which you must extract to a different location on your PC.
- After the files have been extracted After the files have been extracted, copy then paste them in the Mods folder on your PC’s GTA 5 Mods game directory. This is the same directory you have entered into the path to the files for the OpenIV application.
- Then, launch GTA V once you’ve copied and pasted the contents of the file in your GTA V directory or followed the directions for the .rar file
Although this procedure covers general mods accessible for download, there’s also mods that utilize scripts. This requires a different mod, called Script Hook for it to function.
- Download Community Script Hook V .NET, by Alexander Blade
- Download the zip file and then extract the contents to another folder on your computer.
- Paste the contents of the file to the directory for games of GTA 5 Mods, but don’t put them in a specific directory.
- Create a brand new folder in the game directory
- Visit best-modding.com and choose an option to download a script modification (these are typically identified with .net)
- Unzip the mod file then extract it time
- The contents should be copied and pasted into the newly created folder in your GTA 5 Mods directory.
- Start GTA V and make sure that you follow the instructions for the mod’s use from the mod’s creator. These directions is available in the best-modding.com page about the mod
After all these actions are done Once all of those steps are completed, players can begin using mods without restriction after which they can begin to use mods GTA V.