Summary: It’s really annoying when Outlook Not Syncing Folders. When it does not receive emails from other computers, you have to face the issue of the out-of-date calendar and inbox contents. The problem can be quite annoying, mainly when it occurs repeatedly.
Microsoft Outlook is one of the most popular email clients and it has many features that make your work easier. The problem with Outlook not syncing folders can happen for various reasons including conflicts, corrupted files, or missing data on the server. However, there are some ways you can fix this problem and keep your mail folders working perfectly.
Reasons of Outlook Not Syncing Folders
There can be several reasons for Outlook folders not syncing on windows. It could be due to an incorrect account set up, or it could be because of a problem with the email server. In some cases, it could also be because of a corrupted PST file.
If you are facing this problem, then you should first check if the account set up is correct. If it is, then you should try connecting to the email server again. If that doesn’t work, then you should try repairing the PST file.
Check OST File Is Synchronized Or Not
If you are facing the issue of outlook not syncing folders, then the first thing you need to check is whether the OST file is synchronized or not.
- To do this, go to the ‘Send/Receive’ tab and click on ‘Work Offline’.
- If the OST file is synchronized, then it will show ‘Synchronizing Folder’ and the process will start automatically.
However, if it is not synchronized, then you need to follow the given steps:
Change Profile Settings To Sync Outlook
If you’re having trouble getting Outlook to sync your folders, there are a few things you can try. One is to change your profile settings.
- Let’s do that, Click the File tab and choose Account Settings.
- Then, click on the account you want to change and click Change.
- In the pop-up window, click on advanced tab. Under Synchronization Options, make sure the box next to synchronization is checked.
- If it isn’t, check it and click OK.
This should fix the problem and get Outlook to start syncing your folders again.
Re-synchronize Outlook folders To Email Sync Issue
If you are having trouble with Outlook not syncing folders, there are a few things you can do to fix the issue. One is to re-synchronize Outlook folders. This can be done by going into the Send/Receive tab and selecting the option to “Work Offline.” Once you have done this, go into the Folder List and click on the folder that you want to resync. Right-click on the folder and select “Synchronize.” This should start the process of resyncing your folder.
Empty The “Sync Issues / Local failures” Folder
If you’re using Outlook and not seeing all of your folders or any new mail in your Inbox, it’s likely that you have a sync issue. One way to fix this is to empty the “Sync Issues \ Local failures” folder. This folder is where Outlook stores information about items that could not be synchronized.
To do this:
- Go to the Folder tab and click on the “Sync Issues” folder.
- To clear out your Sync Issues\Local failures folder, right-click on the folder and select “Empty Folder”.
- Click “Yes” when prompted to confirm that you want to delete all items in the folder.
After you do this, Outlook should start synchronizing correctly again. If it doesn’t, there may be another issue causing the problem, which you can read about in our complete guide to fixing Outlook synchronization issues.
Outlook Not Syncing in Windows
To repair an email account in Microsoft Outlook:
- Under the File tab, click Account Settings.
- In the Accounts Settings window, select the email account that will not sync and click Repair.
- When the Repair Account window opens, check the fields and click Next.
- Outlook will begin to repair your account.
Outlook Not Syncing Change Account to Verify
If the account still isn’t syncing, follow these steps:
- Go to File > Account Settings > Change Account Tab, and click Test Account Settings.
- Outlook will test your settings and tell you if everything’s okay.
- If it is, click Close; if not, follow the on-screen instructions until things are working again.
- Once that’s done, restart Microsoft Outlook and try sending an email again.
- If you need to sync manually this time around, use the Send/Receive button on the bottom left-hand side of your screen.
OST File Repair Tool
If you’re having trouble with Outlook not syncing your folders, it could be because of a corrupted OST file. In this case, you’ll need to repair the OST file using a tool like Outlook PST Repair. This software will scan the OST file and repair any errors that are causing the synchronization issues.
If you’re still having trouble with Outlook not syncing your folders, there are a few other things you can try. You can run the Outlook troubleshooter, which will scan for and attempt to fix any common issues. You can also try resetting the Navigation Pane, which sometimes helps resolve synchronization issues. Finally, if all else fails, you may need to delete and recreate your mail account in Outlook.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why are my folders not syncing in Outlook?
If you have a problem with a specific folder in Outlook, you can resync the folder. To do this, follow these steps:
- Right-click the folder, and then select Properties.
- To delete offline files, select Clear Offline Items and then click OK.
- The folder will be refreshed and synced to your computer.
How to fix emails not showing in folders?
If you cannot see any emails at all in a folder, check that you have not maximized the message preview (so the message list pane is hidden).
To do this, click View ▸ Preview ▸ Show Message Preview.
If you still cannot see any emails in your folders, then they may be filtered out of your main inbox. You can check this by clicking the Filters button on the toolbar. If you have any filters set up for email that are not showing up in All Mail or other folders, try removing them to see if it fixes your problem.